Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Someone else has totally stolen my idea!

Well, maybe not... but I was very interested to see that a blogger by the name of Josh Hurley is posting his mission to beat ALL Final Fantasy games on goozernation.com. And I'll have to admit, he is doing a much better job at it than me. For starters, he has a very comprehensive list of EVERY Final Fantasy game and his sight are much greater than mine. I really only intended to play through the number FF games from 1 - 13. But this dood is literally playing every game. Its seems impossible, but check it out for yourself here: http://www.goozernation.com/video-games/index.php/news/blogs/101-josh-hurley/1316-the-final-fantasy-challenge

In other news, I finally got my Wii hacks working again, so I started playing the GBA version of Final Fantasy, the original. For the record, this re-release of FF is way easier than the original NES version. The main differences are simple things like being able to buy multiple items at one time, giving you the "Optimal" option when equipping your characters, running with the B button, and not losing your turn if your character was slated to attack an enemy who was killed before the character got to fight. Long story short, all the logistical oversights are totally fixed up. And while one can argue that this diminishes the challenge of playing the game (which I would have to argue is true) it definitely makes the game much more fun to play.

For the record my party is:

A Warrior named Cleeko
A Monk named Zippy
A White Mage named Lija
A Red Mage named Fluks

I don't know how long I'll keep at this one before I decide to bounce around, but I was excited to learn of a website called backloggery.com which will help you track your progress on whatever games you happening to be playing or have played. I will update my status as I move from game to game.

Until next time!
Peace
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment